Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Broken



Ok, I emailed Pepsi a while back and told them I was upset that they changed the 24 pack to an 18 pack and kept the price the same. This is what they wrote back.

Dear Sandra,Thanks for taking the time to contact us about our new packaging introductions. After reading your message it's clear that we've disappointed you, and for that I'm truly sorry. I'd like to share some of the reasons that prompted the change. As you may imagine, because of the economy, we've had to make some adjustments to our pricing and packaging. Rather than simply raise prices, we’ve done some problem solving around packaging. Our consumers tell us that the 8-pack and 18-pack sizes are good options. It would allow them to stay within a certain budget, and in some households, still be able purchase a variety of flavors for their family. Please know that the new package sizes will continue to be featured with promotional pricing as often as possible throughout the year. Again, I’m truly sorry for any inconvenience these changes may have caused you. I'm so glad you contacted us and promise to share yo ur concerns with our packaging team as well as local bottlers. And thank you, always, for being such a loyal and valued consumer.Margaret CorsiConsumer Relations Representativemargaret.corsi@pepsi.com011829227A

Do you call that problem solving?

Here is my response.

Dear Margaret,
Thank you for responding to my email. I have not seen any promotional pricing that you talk about. I understand about economic times and due to my family size of 7, I will no longer be able to feel good about purchasing your soda. Whether you increase the price of a 24 pack or make it an 18 pack, the results are the same. Less for your money. With a family of 7 I have chosen to get the family the off brand to save money. Rest assured that we will miss you on pizza night, but life will go on and we will learn to deal with it.
Sandra Cote'

I GAVE IN!!! I have missed them on pizza night. One 8 pack wont hurt right. I will eat it with a healthy Lean Cuisine dinner.

Yes I'm broken.

I wrote that letter on December 10th, so its been 2 long months. Wish me luck that I will make it another 2 more months.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

This made me laugh! I love your response to their letter. Shame on those cheap Pepsi people for ruining pizza night!